Back to Article List
Top Reasons That Make In-Home Senior Care A Better Choice in Bergen County
Sep 29, 2017 by Pooja Chandawalla
There are two stages in life when we need a helping hand for day-to-day tasks, infant stage and old age. Child care has become almost a regular part of the working world, as there are many facilities available to provide a safe, supervised environment for children of all ages. But unfortunately, less has been accomplished in providing senior care for the elderly people. When its time to face the important family decision of how to care for an aging senior, the choices are limited. Either you can place them in a nursing home, move them in with you, or hire an in-home senior care service provider to take care of their day to day needs. Keeping elderly family member in a nursing home makes them alone as well as the quality of care is often sub-standard. Whereas moving your beloved one in with you has its own set of challenges unless you and your spouse are not working and have no kids to care for. Moreover, it limits the freedom of the family members as one always has to stay with the senior person. Thus, shortage of time and personal commitment give opportunities to in-home care service providers in Bergen County. There are ten reasons that make in-home senior care service a better choice-
- In-home senior care services keep the elderly independent. With some assistance they continue to do their day to day tasks.
- In home care is safer. Senior persons will feel more safe in their own house rather than in a nursing home. Moreover, they will feel much comfortable and relaxed in their home.
- It promotes healing. There is scientific evidence that patients heal more quickly at home. It might be because of the environment which is more friendly and supportive to them.
- A nursing home/hospital, of necessity, is a regimented environment, regulated environment while in home care allows a maximum amount of freedom for the individual.
- It is a personalized care. In home care is tailored as per the needs of each individual and delivered on a one-to-one basis.
- It improves the quality of life. Seniors can enjoy, talk and go outside with the caregivers.
- In home care is highly effective and achieves higher customer satisfaction level.
- It is less expensive than other forms of care as you can choose it as per your needs and requirements. It can vary from few hours to few days or even few months.
- In home care serves all purposes for seniors i.e. from personal care assistance to in home companionship.